Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas Decoration Are Up


I have had a hard time feeling very "Christmas-y" this year, we've just had a lot going on these last couple months, that it's all overwhelming. Plus its just too soon! I cannot believe Christmas is literally around the corner, so on Monday night Shad and I put up our Christmas decor as our family home evening this week. We didn't start until late, because we are upon Shad's final season, so I hardly see him these days, so as a result we didn't finish until almost midnight (which is why I look so sleepy in these pics and I had a cold!).  Plus if you have any gift ideas for Shad (under $50, we put a cap on it this year, poor law students here!), please let me know, because I am definitely having a hard time. I tried to convince him that we needed no gifts at all and just to buy a wii, but he didn't go for that idea! Happy Christmas! 

The Before Shot...pretty sad looking tree!

And After... awesome looking tree! My parents and I have a tradition that started when I was 7 or 8, they give me a mouse ornament every year, and still do! So if you look closely, you will see our tree is decorated with mice!! 

So Sleepy...

This tree we bought our first Christmas together, because we were poor, but then we were given the bigger tree from my old boss. But we still kept them both... two trees YAY!!

The finished product...ignore the boxes and crap on the couch! hehe

4 comments:

Jarom and Heidi Taylor said...

I love your decorations. And we have a cap on our christmas presents this year too, under $50 we are doing the same thing:) I think i'm just buying Jarom movies. Boring I know.. OH well. I miss you guys. Pretty much you guys are our favortie couple to hang out with. Have an amazing Christmas!!!

Kirsten said...

Nice work ;) Under $50? Hmmm...i say...yeah, no idea. I got sean a wii and I think he got me a coach purse... You can come play our wii when you come visit :D we have mario cart and wii sports and mario olypics and rock band world tour ;) and some tiger woods lame golfing game ha ha but seriously, love the trees

Anonymous said...

I love your tree!!! I miss your mouse ornaments haha I don't see them on your parent's tree now. But Yay for Christmas I can't wait to see you.

Heather and Parley said...

hey, good to hear from you! Look like things are busy for you guys! Parley is in getting ready for finals to, so he is busy! I hope all is going well for you guys and I hope Shad isn't too busy with school! Things are good here. The payroll office isn't the same without you here though!