Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Mt. Rainier... and Weekend Road Trip!

The weekend before the 4th of July Shad and I took an AWESOME road trip with our friends, the Greens, to Seattle. We stayed with my parents and had an amazing time! It was a short weekend, but totally worth it. It was perfect weather in Seattle, between the 80s and 70s, which is not always common over there. We went to the zoo on the Friday after we got there, and had a blast. Then Saturday we woke up early and took the drive over to Mt. Rainier. I have been wanting to take Shad to Mt. Rainier ever since we've been married and three years later... finally!! It is one of my favorite placing ever. It was an incredible day there, and it was actually really warm! We stopped first at he Grove of the Patriarchs, where they have these amazing huge trees. Unfortunately the trails up at the top still had TONS of snow over them, so we didn't do too much hiking. But the views were spectacular. I have TONS of pictures, so enjoy! There is a lot to show!

Point Defiance Zoo:

Shark Attack!
Shad's Photo skills... not bad! I guess I can teach him!
The Shark Tank


The Grove of the Patriarchs:

Shad Meets 1000 year old tree:
We had fun with the camera... These roots were HUGE!
The BIG one: Cedar Tree
The Mountain:

The surrounding view, this really does NO justice to the view. You can see Mt. Adams in the Distance!
Some Sweet Summer Skiing (Right before Shad wiped out)
Can't get enough of this Mountain!
Shad exploring the view
We had a wonderful time, and cannot wait to go back. Love it!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Man, it seems every post you make is an "outdoorsy" event. I'm jealous. Looks way beautiful.
David and I need to be better about getting out and DOING stuff outdoors!

Brad and Kjirstin said...

I can even tell that the pic just can't capture all that beauty. You so have to take us some time!!! We neeeeeed it. And looking at those trees there is now way the ones down my san fran are bigger then that so nix that idea.

Unknown said...

We drove through Rainier on Sunday on our way home from Portland and went to the Grove of Patriarchs as well. We just missed you guys! Brooks and I are already planning to go back and camp sometime. What an amazing place!

Kirsten said...

Gorgeous!!!! I need to make a trip up there...i had SO much fun hiking there with your parents...when I was, what, 17? ha ha! Good times!!!! miss you!!

Doug and Marilyn said...

That was SOO fun! Your pictures look incredible too. I'm ready to go back...we just need some more time!

Anonymous said...

How fun!! This made me miss home ... I LOVE the Pacific Science Center I'm glad we both still go there at age 24 hehe