Monday, July 12, 2010

Week O'Fun

What a week of adventures!!! We have been having so much fun, and throughly enjoying this summer time. Shad and I decided to head over to Auburn for the 4th (my FAVORITE holiday!) and spend time with family for the weekend. Then Shad headed out on a big rafting trip with the young men for 4 days, so I decided to stay behind and hang out with my parents all week, so I wouldn't be alone. And Owen and I sure enjoyed having the company, and we took full advantage of the grandparents, and the great outdoors! Here is a look at all the fun adventures we had this past week:

We had our annual 4th of July breakfast. Shad and I started this three years ago, and love it. We usually do it with a bunch of friends, but this year it was all family...Mmm...

We then ventured over to Snoqualmie Falls, one of my favorites. Owen slept the entire time!
The week started out a little chilly over there, but soon warmed up.




We got to spend some time with Shad's sister Heidi and her family. The girls dressed up in their dance outfits, and I took some pics:

Such good cousins, taking care of Owen:

Then Shad left on his high adventure trip, rafting down the Salmon River in Idaho. He had a blast, and came back all crispy!!:


While Shad was off having his own adventures, Owen and I had ours. My mom and I took Owen to Alki Beach in Seattle:


Owen LOVES LOVES LOVES my mom. Probably more than me... she makes him laugh and giggle. Its adorable.

The scenery was gorgeous, the mountains on one side, Seattle city scape on the other.


The next day we took Owen for his first swim at a friends house!! Being in the 90's, which is mega hot for Auburn, Owen really enjoyed himself! Too Cute:


Since my parents dropped me off home, on the way to Spokane, we stopped at Palouse Falls in southeastern Washington. Its pretty much in the middle of nowhere. It was very pretty, however, it was 102 outside, so we didn't stay long.



After we made it back safely to Spokane, the next day my dad and I took out the map and routed out a scenic drive. We then made it over to Idaho and Lake Pend Oreille. It was a gorgeous drive. And Owen is a good little traveler having spent two days in the car!

Pretty view from the car:

Dad and I at Owen's Bay, at Lake Pend Oreille... Owen Slept through this too!
Shad finally made it home safe and sound, although a little sunburnt, on Saturday. We're happy to have him home, and happy to be home together as a family. But it was sure fun venturing out and enjoying this summertime and the outdoors.

6 comments:

Kirsten said...

fun trip!! I love all of Owen's cute hats :) ah geez 102...that's weird for Washington...but seriously, don't even talk to me. It was 109 yeterday and is supposed to get to 112 today!!! I'M DYING!!!!!!!! Seriously, next baby...PLANNED WINTER!! Ha ha ha This whole pregnant in the middle of the summer in Vegas thing is just not working out. Beautiful pics as usual. I'm jealous Shad got to go rafting! HOw fun!!!

Megan said...

You went down the Salmon?? So Fun! I am so jealous. I have wanted to do that for so long! :) I miss you. Your family is adorable! <3

Nic's Loft said...

I am loving your blog!

Doug and Marilyn said...

Our 4th was lame! We missed you...last year was fun. Seeing that beautiful breakfast makes me so hungry. You guys had some serious fun...I'm so glad :) You deserve it.

Rosalie said...

That was a fun way to celebrate the 4th of July! Wow you all are having lots of fun this summer.
Thank you for the pictures of the grandchildren for me to enjoy! The costumes are cute! Miss you all terribly and hope to see you all soon!

Anonymous said...

Cute my mom was so excited you guys came for him to play in my parent's pool. She was SO HAPPY about it :) Cute, cute, cute. I miss him.