Monday, December 19, 2011

A VERY late Thanksgiving Post

Yes, I know this is about a month late, and I was even debating whether or not to even do it. But for journal purposes I want to put something up about our Thanksgiving!

Our Thanksgiving was wonderful. We always have so much to be thankful for. Sometimes I wonder what I did to deserve such a blessed life and family. Lucky for me I didn't have to work on Thanksgiving, because the crazy people at Old Navy were open ALL DAY on Thanksgiving until 6, then re-opened at 10PM for 24 hours! NUTS! I did work the black Friday sale, in the morning, but it wasn't bad at all, and with how busy it was the day flew by! But we, us and my parents, spent Thanksgiving Day with our family friends the Lomeli's, per tradition. My best friend, Kambria and her husband Preston, came into town from Salt Lake City. It was SO awesome to see them, since its so rare that we get to spend time together. She was only in town for 3 days, and we tried to spend as much time together as possible! Love her! The food was DELICIOUS and everyone could barely move after such a good meal. It was the perfect Thanksgiving filled with yummy food, dessert, friends and family!

I, unfortunately, hardly took any pictures. But here are a few...

Owen, if course, was the center of attention. And he LOVED every minute of it! "Uncle" Ben and "Aunt" Karen are just too sweet to him! He loves his new extended family!

Here he is playing with Karen:

The group photo:
Me and Kam:
Me and my little guy:
Owen with Daddy:
Hopefully now that Shad and I are getting out of the funk we've been in lately, because YES the job search took a huge toll on us emotionally, I just wasn't up for blogging. But I should get back into a routine of being a better blogger. (maybe... who knows when the next munchkin comes along though... ONLY 6 MORE WEEKS!!)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Your late Thanksgiving post makes me feel better about all the late posts I've been doing lately. I'm sorry you weren't in the blogging mood. It's fun to read about what you've been up to, and I hope you (and me as well) get back into blogging.
Owen is dang cute, and I cannot believe you only have 6 weeks left! I hope you are feeling good! And congrats again to Shad and his new job! I hope he's loving it!
P.S. Thanks for the Christmas card! :)

Chelsea said...

You look so cute in these pictures, I love that dress! I can't believe it's just around the corner (:

Rosalie said...

Wonderful pictures, wonderful times! Thanks for sharing what you are thankful for! I am so grateful for my family! :}