Thursday, July 26, 2012

Big Boy Owen

Everyone always told me how fast time flies with your little babes... but yet I am still in shock at how fast my little adorable boys are growing up!

My little Nathan will be 6 months on Sunday! Hello...6 MONTHS!! Where is the time going!? I still feel like he should still be a newborn. When they are so small they change so much, and every stage is so quick!

Sweet Nathan, just today! Don't you love that sweet little face? (And crazy hair!?)


Owen is no different. He is growing and learning so much these days. Everyday he turns more and more into a little boy and less and less a toddler baby boy. I certainly enjoy each minute of my day with these two little munchkins! I love 'em!

Owen is getting more open to exploring new places, learning new things, and trying new adventures! My dear friend, Alyssa, who Owen absolutely adores, came up with a fun craft for Owen to do. We LOVE Alyssa! She is an elementary teacher, so she has summers off and we LOVE it when she comes to play during the summer time! She goes with us to the zoo, comes over to play, and comes up with great crafts for us to try! She saw this idea on Pinterest ( I still have yet to join the pinterest world), and we love it!

We got a plain white canvas, painters tape, and fingerpaint. I taped out O-W-E-N, and then let Owen go to town with green, blue, and yellow paint!


At first he was a little hesitant and would ONLY paint with one single finger. He doesn't like messes, and hates to get his hands messy.



This would have taken HOURS with just one finger...!



Finally, we got him to get into it and use his entire hand! :)



Still not sure about the mess!




Alyssa helping Owen out... we just love her!


So close to finish!


We all love how it turned out! So cute!


So proud!


This is where we decided to hang his new masterpiece! ...Yup over his brand new BIG BOY BED!!


Along with becoming a big boy also means... a BIG BOY BED!! Owen has been asking for a big boy bed for awhile. But I wanted to wait until our summer trips were over to introduce it. He has slept 3 nights in it so far and LOVES it! He fell out once the first night, and we found him curled up asleep on the floor. But every night since he has stayed in bed and slept peacefully. He still prefers his crib for naps. Which is just fine with me, because the longer and better he naps, the longer the break for this momma! :) Plus I am not totally ready for him to be a complete big boy... that first night of Owen being an official "Big Boy" for me was emotional!

So excited to be in his new bed!



Sure do love my big boy Owen! He really is a special, smart, bright, happy, caring, loving, and sweet little boy. I'm lucky to be his mommy. He definitely is ready to become a big boy! Next up on the big boy to-do list...Potty Training!! (Yikes!)

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

Awesome! I love when they get into their big beds. They feel so cool :) I love your owen painting. I am going to copy that for sure! Good luck with potty training! Owen will do a great job!

Rosalie said...

Wow! Time does fly and he looks sooo happy in his big boy bed! Plus that is so fun you let him be creative for his room decorations! I so enjoy watching all my grandchildren and their talents! Thank you soo much for sharing! I love you all! :}

Kambria said...

Ahh I love this project how fun! :) It came out SO cute.

Ben and Carrie said...

How cute is that project? My kids would love that.

Good luck with potty training- it's never fun but worth it in the end. Owen's smart- he'll do great. And make sure you reward yourself each day- it's the most work for the moms! :)

Camille said...

Love, Love the paint project! What a fun idea!