Monday, July 23, 2012

Thomas Obsessed

We have a Thomas the Tank Engine obsession in this house. It's a healthy obsession that we all participate in. Owen is spoiled by all (mainly grandma/grandpa, aunts/uncles) with Thomas gear. The Thomas franchise has made a serious steal off of the McOmber family! I certainly hope Nathan shares the same love for that little blue engine!

Owen is not lacking in Thomas paraphernalia, that's for sure! He has Thomas clothes, jammies, underwear, trains, books, stickers, flash cards, a Thomas movie, Thomas music, and even a Thomas chair. This is serious business. The love for Thomas runs deep.

Here is Owen's favorite seat in the house... his Thomas chair!


Thomas Jammies


The toy box full of Thomas trains... these trains are certainly NOT cheap!


I always thought Thomas was sort of an odd show. And I wasn't really sure what all the hype was about concerning Thomas. Now I see it through the eyes of my 2 year old toddler boy, what a lovable little character Thomas really is!

So when I heard Thomas was coming to Snoqualmie,WA... just 45 minutes away, I had to jump on the chance to take my little boy! We bought our tickets months ago to what eventually would be a sold out gig! And Owen has been eagerly counting down the days to go, meet and ride on Thomas!

That day finally arrived on Saturday! We woke up early and decided to make a whole day of it! Owen also has a deep love for Waterfalls and "Water Mountains (Fountains)," so we made sure to stop and and spend some time at Snoqualmie Falls before meeting Thomas. That was a big hit as well!

"Owen looooves waterfalls, Mommy!" 


So pretty, one of my favorite places.



"Waterfall, Nayfin!" Owen was a good big brother and wanted to show Nathan the waterfall!








We finally arrived to meet Thomas. Now... just imagine hundreds of little Owen's running around, eager to meet and ride on Thomas!! With Thomas merchandise at every corner, and Thomas activities... Right around nap time...yeah, it was pretty chaotic! Luckily, our little Owen (and Nathan) were excellent troopers. 

 Meeting "Sir Topham Hatt"


Owen's favorite Thomas Movie, "Day of Diesels." These are the diesels from that show. 


Owen was able to play with stamps and colors. 


Then... we finally got to ride on Thomas! :)



Nathan slept the entire ride on Thomas! 


The best picture we could get with Thomas! Haha!


Owen LOVED watching these table trains, we had to take him away by force!


Owen waving goodbye to Thomas!


Happy baby Nathan! 


We had a great time together as a family. The boys (including Shad!) came home and crashed! A mark of a day well spent together!

6 comments:

Shauna said...

Sounds like Corbyn and Toy Story. I love how they get their little obsessions!

Camille said...

Love it! What a perfect activity for your cute little family!

Cara said...

So fun, glad that Owen enjoyed it!

The Oram's said...

So fun!!! I bet he had a blast!!!

Kelli Brewer said...

Oh man, I cannot stand watching Thomas the show. I am fine to let my future little boy play with the trains, but I will do everything in my power to make sure he does NOT know the show exists.

Rosalie said...

How fun! I can tell your whole family loved it! I really miss you all! Thanks for sharing your love of the outdoors with us as well! Beautiful pictures, as always!