Monday, March 25, 2013

Little Tender Mercies

On Sunday we had a wonderful lesson about trials and faith. It really was a great lesson, and a great way to start my week. We talked about different things that bolster our faith and lift us up. The whole lesson I just keep thinking about the little things... the Tender Mercies from heaven that make up my everyday. 

I could focus on the negative. Like the extreme anxiety I am feeling lately, its taking a physical toll on my life. And I hate it! My body is not handling all this stress and anxiety all that well. This is the most physically taxing pregnancy I've had. And I literally hardly sleep at night because I cannot turn off my mind! The stress and anxiety of having three kids, a new home, and the fact that we don't have a car big enough to fit us all yet. The fact that I am mentally and physically totally UNPREPARED for this baby to come into our family. Only seven weeks, and she doesn't have a car seat, or clothes, or a stash of diapers! The fact that I am still waiting for that peace that this truly is the right time for her to come. Stress about labor and delivery. Stress about a newborn. Stress over the two babies I already have. ... Phew! 

I think when we are going through trials it is so easy to focus on the negative. Just like when we are having a bad day, everything seems to go wrong.... only because we are TRYING to see the bad in everything. Right? I know that I have so much to be extremely grateful for, truly; but I know that if I don't count my blessings, and hold on to those little things DAILY I'm not sure I would make it through! 

My day is all about the little things. And little ones!! 

I am so lucky that I get to spend my day with my two little peanuts. They are my everything. 
Here are some of the little things that lift me up each day... and truly bolster my faith: 


This morning I got out of the shower to the sound of Owen reading books to Nathan. So sweet. A perfect way to start my day! 

We are now getting into SPRING! And I can relish in the days here and there when the sunshine peaks through my windows and we can take a quick stroll to the park. 

Owen has stopped napping everyday. But on the days he does nap... HEAVEN! ;) 

Our new Home... LOVE! 

Outings with my boys. They love trips to the mall. This morning we went to visit the Easter Bunny. Owen picked out a PINK cup from him! Haha!  (Apparently he 'Loooooooves Pink!') 

The numerous daily kisses Owen gives to my belly and to Baby Sister. He loves her so much already. He tells every stranger at the store, mall, park, etc. that "Mommy has a baby sister in her tummy!"

Watching the boys build things for our new house with Daddy.  

The view of Mt. Rainier on a sunny clear day. How can that NOT increase your faith in our Heavenly Father's creations!? 

The little miracle growing in my belly. I can feel her squirm all day long. 33 weeks already!

Long talks with Shad about our family and future. I love him so much. I'm so grateful for the father and husband he is. 

Nathan's first little steps around the house. I love those little wobbly steps. Here Nathan is learning how to say "TOUCHDOWN"... hey we was wearing his Cougar shirt, we have start 'em young!  

Owen being almost fully potty trained. (We are not accident free yet... most days we are though. Yay!) 

Making creations with my littles. 

Watching and listening to Shad roll around, wrestle, play, and giggle with our two boys makes my night each night! 

Shad letting Owen brush his teeth. Hilarious. 

Watching a movie on the couch with my sweetie. 

Going to a HAT party. :)  


Listening to Owen and Nathan play together in the play room. And listening to Owen's imagination as he talks to his trains and toys. 

Good friends. And good girlfriends. Moms certainly NEED other moms... I know I do! 

Going into to get Nathan from a Nap to find this... No pants on! How'd he do that?!

Hearing "I love you" daily from Shad and Owen. (Nathan shows me in other ways!) 

 How PROUD Owen gets when he makes special pictures/creations. This particular one is of Daddy. 

This is what my days are made of. Nothing too exciting or extravagant. Some days are hard, really hard. Most days are long. Few days seem unbearable. And lately many are stressful. But everyday is filled with something sweet and perfect! 

5 comments:

F said...

Oh little Nathan! I saw you dad walking down the halls at church yesterday holding Nathan's hand and totally thought he wasjust starting to learn.msounds like he's a pro! He looked super cute walking next to his grandpa :)

We need a girls night soon! I feel for ya, and hope your anxieties go away sooner rather than later!

Kambria said...

The touchdown photo and the one of them with cups at the Easter bunny kills me the most! SO ADORABLE!!

We truly are so blessed. Which doesn't mean we won't have hard days or weeks. But it's amazing how much we have. I'm thankful for YOU! :)

Megan said...

I am so sorry things have been so tough for you...I think it's these little girls inside us! This pregnancy has been pretty rough on me too. You are such a great mother and I look up to you more than you know. I am pretty worried about becoming a mother. It seems so scary to me. I am praying for you! :)

Rosalie said...

Yes, the Lord gives us tender mercies each day. I am grateful for so many things. Especially that you blog so I can be on the fun things in your family! The pictures are adorable: the cup one, the brushing Daddy's teeth, hats, building things with Daddy etc. Thank you for sharing!
Hang in there...I know two pregnancies in a row are hard and your body does not do well, but there is a reason for all things and you will be a wonderful Mom of three! Love you!

Ben and Carrie said...

I loved this post- life is sometimes just hard, but there is so much good all around us- beautiful kids, wonderful husbands, great friends. Thanks for a reminder for myself. Hope the rest of the this pregnancy goes by quickly and you can keep focusing on the Tender Mercies. I think you're wonderful!