Friday, February 7, 2014

Our Little Birthday Boys

Owen turned 4 yesterday. Wow. His next birthday is 5... I remember being 5. That seems so strange and it really isn't fair how quickly it all goes. But our little Owen will get his own birthday post later. 

This will be about both our birthday boys! 


Our big family birthday streak is over! Phew! 3 birthdays in one week is a lot! I am birthday-ed out after my Dad (Jan 20), Nathan (Jan 29), my Mom (Feb 4), and Owen (Feb 6) all within 2 1/2 weeks! So we made sure to make ALL the birthday celebrations last and last! 

After Nathan's birthday last week, we had a small family birthday party for the boys on Saturday. Just my parents, Shad's sister, and some friends from law school. It was casual. I love that boys are happy with anything and call it "party" and we're good! Food, cake, presents...done! I know that won't last long, but I'm good with holding off "Friend Parties" as long as possible! We had lunch and then the boys were eager to gobble up their delicious ice cream cake! 




I usually make the cake, and was bummed that I didn't do it this year. But I had just to much going on with all the birthdays. Plus with Nathan's Egg allergy still being investigated I decided to keep it safe with a Dairy Queen ice cream cake. I always had ice cream cakes growing up, and much prefer them to real cake. And Oh man, everyone loved it! It was a great choice! So delicious. And they did a great job making a "blue and green train cake" that Owen wanted! :) 


Here they are with their attempts to blow out the candles! 


That Cake was seriously delicious. The boys chowed it down in mere minutes! And we ate the leftovers for the Super Bowl the next day! Yum! (Celebration Cake for the Seahawks Win! It was Blue and Green afterall all!) 

I wanted to keep presents to a minimum. We are still recovering from Christmas and the amount of toys is getting out of control! I gave everyone fair warning that there were to be NO toys! :) 

The Grandparents did not disappoint. New clothes, candy, and stickers! Plus my mom took each boy shopping and got them new rain boots! Lucky! 


Owen was dying to rip into the gifts! 


I was so bad at taking pictures at their party. Not only were they sitting in front of the window the whole time for terrible pictures, but I didn't even take any of all that were there! Owen's buddies Harrison and Mason got them an awesome Thomas tent! They loved it! They've had it set up all week. 

Aunt Heidi got the boys movie tickets! Something fun for us all to do!


After their party Shad and I took all the kiddos up to south center and let the boys pick ONE item from the Disney Store. They were in heaven! I didn't realize that it was going to be so overwhelming to choose! So many choices! But, after almost an hour, they both finally decided on an awesome Jet Plane from the movie Planes. Nathan got "Echo" and Owen got "Bravo," but minus the helmet color they are identical. They slept with them by their beds that night. (Win!) 

We took down all the decorations, only to put them all back up 4 days later for Owen's birthday. But I didn't want him to feel left out of his own separate birthday celebration! 

On Tuesday we celebrated my mom's birthday! My Dad was out of town so we had her over for the evening and I made her dinner. The boys happily made her cards and gave her candy. They love her so much! We also made her some red velvet cupcakes- her favorite! :) 

Like I said Owen will get his own birthday post. But I did have a chance to interview both him and Nathan for our annual birthday interview. I love hearing their answers! This was Nathan's first! He didn't really get it... and we had to help him some with the answers. But he generally got the gist. 


Nathan, 2 Years Old: 

What's your favorite color? 'How 'bout Red.

What's your favorite song? Child of God (This is true, he loves this song. And always requests it at bedtime/naptime)

What's your favorite animal? Leopard (He was very unsure about this questions. After listing lots of animals this is the one that got a YES! Answer)

Who's your best friend? 'How 'bout Daddy'

What do you like to eat? Pasta!

Where do you like to go? Grandma's House

What's your favorite game? Football

What's your favorite toy? Cubby (This he also needed help with. He loves his Cubby. He sleeps with him every night.)

How old are you? I'm 3!!! (Whoops!)

Are you 2? Yeah!

Are you a big boy? 'No, I'm a little boy!'

What's your favorite movie? The Jungle Book

What's your favorite book? Little Blue Truck Leads the Way (I think he copied Owen's answer on this one!)

What makes you happy? Daddy

What makes you sad? Time-out




Owen, 4 Years Old: His interview is a little more complex! 

What's your favorite Animal? Pig

Why a pig? 'Because I like to snort!'

What's your favorite color? Blue and Green.... and pink... and brown... and yellow... and red!

What's your favorite song? Child of God (He copied Nathan on this one. He knows this is Nathan's favorite, but I couldn't get a real answer out of him.)

Who's your best friend? 'Mommy! ... And Daddy and Grandma and Grandpa and Julia. Those are my best friends'  

What do you like to do? Play Trains

What do you like to Eat? Angry Bird Treats (Fruit snacks)

What else do you like to eat? Strawberry Cake (I'm not sure he's ever had strawberry cake...??)

Where do you like to go? To the park

What's your favorite game? Guess Who! (The board game... yup, we play it allllllll the time!)

What's your favorite toy? Legos

How old are you? 4!

Are you a big boy? Yeah!

Why? Because I'm 4!

What's your favorite show? King of the Railway (A Thomas movie he got for Christmas, and yes we watch it almost daily!)

What's your favorite book? Little Blue Truck Leads the Way

What makes you happy? Painting pictures

What makes you sad? When Nathan throws toys at me

What's your favorite thing to do with Mommy? Play games

What's your favorite thing to do with Daddy? Uhhh...Drive monster trucks!

What's your favorite thing to do with Nathan? Trace Magnets (Teach him letters on the Magnadoodle)

Whats your favorite thing to do with Kaisa? Make her laugh

Whats your favorite thing to do with Grandma and Grandpa? Cook with Grandma and build legos with Grandpa

What songs do you like to sing? If the Savior Stood Beside Me

What do you want to be when you Grow Up? A builder!

Why? Because I like to

Another year gone too fast. We've been in our house a year! And we've celebrated another double birthday party! Wow- Happy Birthday, Boys! We love you! (Now-stop growing so fast!)

1 comment:

Ben and Carrie said...

Love the interview questions! Glad you survived Birthday month. Happy Birthday to your sweet boys!