Thursday, June 25, 2009

I Love Hiking

So lately, I've been been doing a little bit of hiking. Which I LOVE, one of my favorite past time, which will also continue through this weekend. Since Shad and I are going to Seattle and Mt Rainier with some friends for some fun times! I'm so so so excited for this weekend. But here is a little update on the hiking fun I've been doing lately. Last Saturday our friends Doug and Marilyn invited us to go up to Dishman Hills to do some warm-up hiking to prep for Rainier...gladly we accepted. Since the last trip to Dishman ended in a sprained ankle. Luckily this time is was pain free, and we finished the loop! Hooray. Then being the spoiled kids we are, they made us delicious dinner afterwards. It was pretty awesome.

Yay for Friends!
Here is Shad at his Best:
Our little tree friend, it was just so cute.
Then on Tuesday for YW activity the girls had their pre-camp certification hike. And I happened to have the day off and gladly signed up for it. However, little did I know that the priesthood planned this one out and wanted to take us up to the place the boys went last time. It was 5 miles of CRAZY! It was straight UP the entire way, and straight DOWN coming back. (very hard on the knees!!) None, and I mean NONE of it was level! It was pretty intense, and I am hurting REALLY bad from that one. But I'm proud of myself for doing it mostly without complaint! However, the view was AMAZING and well worth the trek up. Maybe, just maybe, I will have to take Shad up there, it was pretty incredible. But here are some pics of my recent hiking adventures! With plenty more to come I'm sure from this upcoming weekend!! Three-day weekend... here we come!! WHOOP!

This really doesn't show how steep it was:
The View: Amazing!
It really makes me like this Spokane area a lot more.
The girls, that's right Elevation 5635 Ft!! And yes, it was FREEZING.

6 comments:

Annette Larsen said...

Spokane looks so pretty in all of the pictures you put up! And that hike looks a bit treacherous, you go girl.

Kirsten said...

Man, i wish there were more places to go hiking here. :( And that it wasn't so hot. I really want to go hiking, which Sean has said we will do..., but even if we go, i might get heat stroke!! ha ha But hey, if i can do it in Texas, i'm sure i can handle it in Las Vegas :D p.s. i love that you're a YW leader...ha ha we're old.

Rachel said...

Wow, that is a beautiful view.
Yeah, I'm not much of a fan of steep hikes either. But you gotta love the great outdoors. That's my favorite part of summer!

And btw, our NEW tent doesn't take nearly as long to put up! haha :)

Brad and Kjirstin said...

Wow that view really is amazing! You are pretty much up there with the clouds. ANd your pics are gorgeous!

Heather and Parley said...

what an awesome view! that is amazing that you hiked that high; i am impressed!

Mrs. Walker said...

I'm totally intruding, and I really apologize! My name is Melisa, and your friend Megan (Morton) told me about your blog. My husband and I are moving to Spokane in August to start law school at Gonzaga, and she mentioned that your husband is attending the law school there as well.

I was hoping I could ask you some questions, mostly good places we can find a good and reasonably priced apartment, and a few other things. Would you mind? I'd love some suggestions and any info! My email is melisa.dear@gmail.com if you have a sec and can chat! Thanks so much!