Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Festivities

Wow.... we sure had a wonderful relaxing Christmas!!! I cannot believe how blessed we are to have such wonderful family and friends, we got so many fun Christmas treats, cards, and gifts. I can't believe how spoiled we are! My parents of course take a BIG part in that! This Christmas was a little bit different than the others because my parents came to me this year! So we celebrated a quiet Christmas in Spokane. I was originally scheduled to work the day before and after Christmas so that was the reason for my parents flying out here instead, however, due to some new hires at work and last minute changes, I only had to work Christmas Eve 'till 2 PM, and then had Friday through Monday off!! Whoo! So we starting celebrating Christmas right after work on Christmas Eve! Shad and I made them our new favorite dinner, homemade pizza! Delicious! And we had our regular Christmas Eve tradition of opening presents.

The delicious pizza... Mmmm.
Cooking pizza:

The Traditional Family photos by the tree:


Since we already had the tripod set up, Shad clicked some photos while we were opening gifts!

Our Christmas Loot... we were VERY good this year! I got a Wii from Shad, and Shad and I got a video camera from my parents!! (For when baby arrives of course!) Plus all this other good stuff...

On Christmas Day, we had a relaxing day together playing with all our fun new gifts, and spent the day making Christmas goodies, and cooking a delicious christmas dinner. Later, our wonderful friends came to join us for an awesome Christmas dinner prepared by my wonderful mother and I helped a little bit. We visited, laughed, and played some games. Here is how we spent most of the day:

Naturally most of our Christmas weekend was spent playing the Wii!!

Eating some of our delicious Christmas goodies:

Talking with friends via Skype!

Spending time with family:

Having good friends join us for dinner!

And then eating a wonderful dinner:


Then Saturday we went out and about shopping at some after Christmas sales, and went to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie. It was actually pretty good. Shad really enjoyed it. My parents left Sunday night back to Seattle, so overall a wonderful and successful Christmas weekend together as a family. Weird to think that next year at Christmas we will have a little guy crawling around joining in on the Christmas festivities!!

Hope your Christmas was just as wonderful as ours, and you got everything you wished for! What a sweet time of year to gather together, remember our Savior, and spend quality time with family and friends. We are truly blessed!

6 comments:

Doug and Marilyn said...

That Christmas dinner was just amazing. Thanks for having us over. We had a blast. I love your Christmas cookies, you decorate so fancy!! You'll have to teach me how to do that!!

Kirsten said...

looks like you guys had fun!!! i didn't take ANY pictures because I was so sick--and Sean refused to take pictures :( SO i'm really sad we don't have pics of our first married Christmas. But we made out really good!! Sean was a great shopper--I got SIX pairs of shoes just from him!!! ha ha We got the Wii Fit from his mom so we have spent every night since then playing it ha ha OH and we got the Super Mario game--you gotta get it! it's just like the original--SOOOOO fun!!! i need to call you soon...your belly is getting so big--only a few more weeks!! WHOO HOOO!!!!!

Megan said...

SO FUN! You got Harry Potter!! Yay! :) Glad your Christmas was great! I miss you!

Rachel said...

I love Christmas! Glad you guys had a good year. You are looking super cute with your baby bump.

Samantha said...

Krista you look so good. Are you way ready to have your baby here? Just remember to enjoy EVERY last moment to your self before the baby arrives. Trust me.. you will need it! Sleep lots and spoil yourself. See you soon.

Anonymous said...

Shad and your Dad wore the same stripped shirt! haha looks like so much fun although we missed you terribly this year. Pizza looks so good! Did you make the crust from scratch. Recipe please!?