Monday, July 26, 2010

It's Official...

I am now a stay at home momma!!! Although I have yet to work one hour since Owen arrived, I am/was still technically on maternity leave until August 6th. SIX MONTHS MATERNITY LEAVE!! Awesome... I know... half of which was paid! Plus it gave Shad and I a lot of time to think and figure out what would be best for our little family. Ever since I found out I was pregnant, Shad and I went back and forth on the idea of me returning to work after Owen came. We still were going back and forth on the idea of me returning until last week. After budgeting, lots of praying, and lots of faith I officially resigned my position and decided I was needed at home with Owen. Heavenly Father has blessed us so much since I've been home these last few months, and I really do feel good about being home with my adorable little boy. Anytime I thought about going back to work I literally felt nauseous, so I know that this is the right choice. I am not exactly sure how we are going to get by this next school year, but I know the blessing of being a stay at home mom will far outweigh the tough times. Phew, what a weight off my shoulders! I love this little guy...

Now I can fill my sunny summer days with taking him to the park and playing with my little boy:


He loves to lounge around with his momma:

5 comments:

Debbie Cannon said...

I am so happy to hear that you get to stay at home. It is a sacrifice for sure, but well worth it! Congrats on your decision. Hey, you look terrific by the way. Love Owens hat!

Nathan and Whitney said...

Yeah!!! Good for you! And good for Owen, he is one lucky little guy!

Joel & Megan said...

Thats so wonderful you get to be home OFFICIALLY now with your cute boy! He is adorable!!! I love all the pictures. Yay!

Annette Larsen said...

Yay for being able to stay home with Babykins! It will be so good. He's adorable!

Courtney said...

That's so great! I'm glad you guys found a way to make it work. :)