Thursday, November 18, 2010

My Attempt at 'Craftiness'


Like I've said before, I am not great at being crafty. I go through spurts, and the end result is not always fantastic. Although being crafty is something I am always aspiring to! I love having a new project, something to help the long days go by when Shad is in school/work until 9PM. Granted, Owen fills up 99% of my time, but it was nice to have a nice "mom time" project. A couple of years ago I made a Fall pine cone wreath (seen here). This year I got this idea from a good friend here (Thanks Sam!!). She made one of these Christmas Ball Wreaths and I LOVED it so, I just had to try it. I was expecting to make more to give away as Christmas gifts, but it was a little more frustrating to find the right, CHEAP ornaments. That one for now is PLENTY! But thanks to Hobby Lobby and the Dollar Store, I LOVE the way it came out and am excited to display it here in just a week or two for Christmas! :) Go ahead, try it for yourself, you'll love the result!



Love, Love, Love it!

8 comments:

Courtney said...

I love it, Krista! I think it turned out fabulous! What kind of wreath did you use, and how did you attach the ornaments?

Shad and Krista McOmber said...

Courtney- It was super easy! I just used a 12" straw wreath, then wrapped it in green and white ribbon. Then just lots and lots of hot glue to attach. I attached the bigger ornaments first, then the med ones, then the mini ones. The dollar store and wal-mart has some cute cheap ornaments. It took A LOT more than I was expecting, I had to go back for more!

Anonymous said...

This came out so good!! I'm very proud. Craftiness has been achieved <3

F said...

SO CUTE! and my friend, I definitely want to see you while you're hear for the long weekend!!! Give me a call when you have extra time! I might be having a baby any day now (due FRIDAY!!) but we'll make it work! loves!

Kirsten said...

omg!! It turned out so good!!!!! You're amazing :) I think I will have to try that next year when I have more time ha ha love you girl!

Rachel said...

Way to go! It looks awesome!

Marilyn said...

Oh I love it! I might have to copy you. Just don't hang it outside...ghetto!!! And what is it with the snow? Wish we were there to have a snow day with ya. Good luck!

Rosalie said...

I think it turned out quite nice for someone who claims they are not crafty!! I am glad you got to do something for you! :}