Friday, September 30, 2011

Name Dilemma!

I have been really bad at blogging lately. I haven't been feeling all that motivated these last few weeks. Plus, we really haven't had a lot going on: Shad is still job searching... we are STILL waiting on bar exam results... so life feels a bit on hold right now. But we are enjoying all the time we get to spend together. We spend a lot of time at home together, going to parks, the library, and walks. Owen absolutely LOVES having both mommy and daddy around at his constant beck and call, and we are happily enjoying our family of three until the new babe makes his appearance. Owen is so fun to hang around all day and watch him just soak up everything around him. He is a constant surprise! For example...

This post isn't much about pictures, which I haven't taken too many lately. (I should get on that!) But this was too funny. Owen found one of my shirts and insisted on wearing it! He didn't want to take it off, until we were leaving the house and we HAD to get it off him. But he loved wearing "Ma's purp shirt!"


Funny little boy.

Now for the name dilemma. Once we found out we were pregnant one of our first thoughts was, "What if its a boy... What are we going to name him???" We decided not to stress out too much about it until we actually knew it was a boy. Shad and I are not the couple who has all their names picked out and are dead set on one or two names. It is VERY hard for us to agree on something and we are both very indecisive. Always going back and forth between names. Owen didn't have a name until a few hours after he was born. Why is this so hard? Boy names are harder for a few reasons: First, girls are taking many good boy names. Second, you have to find a name that is suitable for both an adult/man and child. Third, all the good boy names are EXTREMELY popular and never changing. (For example: all biblical boy names are GREAT... but too overdone?) Forth, there are so many weird, dull, and overused nicknames associated with good boy names. Not a fan of the nicknames. I know we have a good while before we really have to decide on anything, BUT it would be nice to have at least a good top 5. Right? In short: we'd love any name suggestions you have. :) Anything... really.

7 comments:

Shauna said...

I said this last time and I'll say it again... Nathan! Love that name, but Rog will never let me use it cause it was the name of my first boyfriend - even though that's not why I like the name!

The Atheys said...

We are SO in the same boat!! Boy names are so hard, I don't want a super trendy name, but I don't want a plain old boring name either... we don't even have one name we can agree on yet and I am less than 2 months away from my due date. Good luck finding a name and if you have any suggestions for us let me know!! I hope you are having a great pregnancy and having fun with Owen:)

Cassie Rowse said...

I've always liked Cade and that sounds really good with your last name. I'll let you know if I think of anything else or if I find my long list of names I found for my bosses.

Shalise & Jason Staples said...

Here are a few--- Logan, Carter, Conner. Good Luck!

Brad and Kjirstin said...

I have been thinking the name Thor lately, no seriously not because of the movie but because it is Danish. Check out some of the Finnish names (since he actually can say he is part Finnish). Also our friends just had a little boy and named him Jaxson.

Anonymous said...

Awww he looks like a little Disney wizard in that purple lol too cute.

Rosalie said...

I love the purple shirt pictures! Children are so cute! I am glad that we got to Skype! He sure is so cute and smart! Best wishes with the boy names since the family is so large on my side that about all of them have been used at some point! :}