Monday, October 7, 2013

Behind the Blogger

I love making lists. I love reading lists. And I love finding out more about other people.

I realized that this blog is more about my kids than anything else... which is great for me. Especially for journaling purposes. But just for fun I thought I would make a list of 25 things about me perhaps you didn't know. :)

1. I loathe pineapple. I hate everything about it. From the way it smells to the way it looks. Gross.

2. I love social media, its fascinating. Chances are if I'm your Facebook friend I have either Facebook or Blogged stalked you. I love reading people's blogs. But even though I claim to love social media, I am not on twitter, instagram, or pininterst. Facebook and blogging is about all I can handle right now. I don't need another distraction from my kiddos or another reason to waste time!

3. I would love to have a photography business, and deep down I know that I would be good at it. Shad is 1,000,000,000% supportive of it, and is constantly encouraging me to do it. And constantly offering to set up my LLC for me. But I lack confidence. Seriously. I am just too scared. Someday... maybe. (So if you want a free/or super cheap session with me I'd love to photograph you to build my portfolio!)

4. I'm pretty sure I suffer from anxiety. Mainly over my kids (amongst other things). I know this is cliche, but I don't think I've have a real nights sleep since Owen was born. Also, it doesn't help my anxiety that I am, in fact, super shy.

5. I love to clean. I consider myself a very clean person, and am particularly OCD about certain things. Like sweeping my floor 3 times a day... at least.

6. I am addicted to Chocolate... and ice cream. I have a terrible sweet tooth, and have to have some sort of chocolate OR ice cream at least once a day.

7. I really love being a Mormon. Not only because of the testimony I have of its complete truth, but also because of how much it directs me in my life and all the strong moral values I hold dear. I quite enjoy it.

8. I'm an only child. Which is great! But I also have 5 sisters-in-law, 2 brothers-in-law (this does not include thier spouses!), and 20+ nieces and nephews. And I love them all as if I've known them my whole life.

9. I think those phone/text autocorrects that people post online are so completely hilarious. Those things make me laugh until I cry. Seriously, they are so funny.

10. I'm an extremely picky eater. I have a few favorites dishes/foods that I could eat everyday if Shad didn't get sick of them. Sometimes I really wish I wasn't so picky. Over the past few years I've done better about eating more foods and trying new things.

11. I really hate scary movies. I can't handle any type of scary. Example: We rented World War Z the other night, and I had nightmares. I still have nightmares about I Am Legend. Maybe I hate Zombies too...???

12. I think cooking dinner is an extremely tedious and annoying chore. Its not that I hate cooking. Its just that I think it takes up too much time to try and get a good wholesome meal on the table without having one or more children crying at my legs the entire time. Plus the fact that Shad is never home for dinner time makes it even harder for me to feel motivated to cook something nice that the children won't  want to eat, and that Shad isn't going to enjoy warm anyways.

13. I have a huge phobia of throw-up. It's pretty extreme. I cannot handle it. I lose sleep over it. Everyone said its different with your own kids... its not. 

14. I love hiking and I love visiting National Parks or Historical Sites. I wish we went hiking more. I definitely prefer a hiking trip/vacation to a beach vacation/getaway.

15. I was a History Major at BYU. I enjoy researching and writing. I truly love History. Especially American History (1890-1950 is my fav.) And I fully intended/intend to be a High School History teacher. I almost went to Gonzaga to get my MIT, but got pregnant with Owen instead. Its still on the To-Do list!

16. Last year I told Shad that I didn't need an iPhone or an iPad. That we had a computer and I already had a cell phone that worked perfectly fine. Plus I was always home, so who needs mobile devices like that when they are a Stay at Home Mom!? For Christmas last year Shad got an iPad from work. And Shad got me an iPhone. I will sheepishly admit that I've turned into one of those people that feel lonely without my iphone attached to me, and I LOVE them both oh so much!

17. My name is Krista. And I am addicted to People.com. Yup. Enough said.

18. I hate snow. The one and only day in which snow is acceptable is on Christmas Day. Other than that, it can stay in the mountains. But I do love rain.

19. I constantly make To-Do Lists. I always have one going for one thing or another. And it gives me completely closure and satisfaction when I get to cross something off.

20. I hate elbows. I think they are so gross. I absolutely HATE it when people touch my elbow. Even by accident. Ew! And I will never, ever touch your elbow, so don't even ask.

21. I'm still waiting to love my mini-van. Everyone said I would love it. But I don't. I wouldn't say I hate it, its convenient for our family. But I surely don't like it. I am not a mini-van mom.

22. I don't particularly like Halloween. I don't get the hype behind it. I'm not sure why everyone loves it so much. I think people get way, way, WAY to carried away with costumes and decorations. I think its cute to go trick or treating with the kids, and thats about it. Ironically, October is my favorite month of the year... I love the fall colors, height of football season, Shad's birthday, cool weather...

23. I'm extremely impateint. Something I am always working on being better at.

24. I still really love the color Green.

25. I really wish I was funny/witty. Especially with my writing. I'm not very quick on my feet!





26. Nathan has been crying and screaming this entire time! Ugh... the teething child!

So that about wraps it up! :) Please... Tell me a few things about yourself, I honestly want to know!

6 comments:

SuburbiaMom said...

You are cute; love your lists! Glad I have never brought you pineapple nor possibly touched your elbow ;). I'm with you on scary movies; I Am Legend gives me the willies if I sit and remember it. It was intriguing but if he hadn't found that group of survivors at the end I would have really hated it. Still haven't WWZ--working my courage up to it...

Kambria said...

Even though I know you so well it's so fun to read these about you. I forgot about your aversion to elbows haha. Love you :)

Ben and Carrie said...

I love this! I too am a list person. I really couldn't survive without them. Hilarious about the elbow thing- I'll make sure to steer clear from that area of you forever. And my apologizes if I've ever touched it on accident. :)

I was like you with the iPhone thing. Never thought I needed one and held Ben off for years from getting them. Now I'm not sure I could survive without it. It's like my 3rd arm I never knew I needed.

Might have to do one of these posts myself- loved reading all about you!

Courtney said...

I love this post! Mostly because I love you to pieces. One thing about me that I'm sure you know by now: I'm not very good at staying in touch with people long distance. But I'm really so excited to live in WA again and have such a fun friend to get together with. And we will definitely be coming to you for our family photo needs when we are there!

I'm with you on the cooking dinner being an annoying chore. AND about Halloween, AND about scary movies. And I totally forgot that you hate pineapple. I absolutely LOVE it, so I have to make sure I remember to never try to serve it to you guys when we have our inevitable many dinner get-togethers in the future! ;)

keine.angst said...

How fun Krista!
I wish we lived closer.
You are definitely good at photography. Loved my wedding photos. I wish you were here to do little Liam's first photos!!
I Love pineapple but SO with you on scary movies, and smart phones.
Dinner is definitely a pain unless it is well enjoyed and worth my time. I LoVE to cook but not when I am busy with with a million other things.
I used to love Halloween but now I seem to hate everything except getting to take my kids out and sometimes getting to dress up with the hubby and go out. And I am excited to dress Liam up this year.
It is so awesome to have you as a sister in law, and I adore your kids, can't wait to meet baby girl!
I also can't wait for this huge tummy surgery to be healed so I can be able to go outside more, c-sections take way too long to heal. I can't stand being bed ridden and stuck Inside. Hence going to the ER already and being told to not do so much. Luckily my husband is awesome! ;)
But it was all worth going through my biggest fear of blades to get Liam here safe! I just love him to pieces! (I can handle the huge needles for all the transfusions invetro, and aminos, but being sliced open, I can't even handle the video, and it doesn't even show anything!)
I can't get enough of the cuddles and such from my baby!
I also cannot wait to see you all next summer!
Lots of hiking and site seeing history out here in DC! ;)
Even rain, and hopefully no snow! I do miss Florida like crazy though! It has rain, lots of forests, and a white sandy beach, all in one! Lol
Hugs to all of you!

Rosalie said...

I am so glad you shared about you! Now I know a lot more about you. It is hard with you so far away to get to know you better. You are a sweet daughter-in-law and I appreciate all you do for my Son and your adorable children! Love you!!!