Sunday, May 3, 2009

Our Life, Crazy as it May be.










Phew! Its been a crazy couple of months. Here's a little update on us. Lately, Shad and I have been going off on many weekend adventures, trips, and weddings! First, we went to Seattle for family time for Easter, where we also went to Snoqualmie Falls. Shad's first visit to the Falls, a fun family favorite of ours. I have pictures, however, I am already going to post a lot, so you all know what a waterfall looks like. So no pics there! :) Then just today I returned from my Las Vegas weekend for my Best Friend's wedding. It was so amazing to watch her finally marry the man of her dreams in the temple. And the wedding turned out beautiful! I was so happy that I was able to spend time with her a few days before the big day, and privileged to be there throughout the whole thing! But boy am I wiped! I've decided that we are not going anywhere for at least a while... I WANT TO BE HOME. And I want to have a few nice quiet weekends at home. Plus, I really don't like spending that much time away from my cute, amazing hubby. Like I did this weekend. However, its not that we don't enjoy the occasional get away. We've been really blessed to be able to see family and friends lately. Something we were afraid of losing when we moved to Spokane, and pursued our school aspirations! But all these weekend excursions just get crazy! So hopefully we can take it easy for a while. In addition, Shad's final season is upon us! He is diligently studying hard for Finals. So PLEASE wish him luck, and we could really use your prayers for the final season, and summer internship plans. Its a rough time for both of us. Can you believe it though, finals already?!?! 1 year down already!! ONLY 2 MORE TO GO!!! 4 more semesters! He is doing so well, and I'm constantly amazed by his diligence and hard work. On top of always being a wonderful and willing to help out husband. 

Anyways, I've seemed to have gone off on a tangent. Moving on, recently, like two weeks ago, we had the pleasure of hosting Shad's parents here for the weekend. They surprised us on Easter Sunday with a text telling us they wanted to visit. And they were here by Friday! We were so happy to have them here to show them around Spokane and Gonzaga. It happened to be the perfect spring weather outside for parks and adventures. We were happy they could join us!! And see what our life is like here in Spokane. I think, its starting to grow on us. 

Good times all around, as crazy as it may be!... minus the finals! As you can see I've posted some pics from our adventures with the McOmbers... And a few from Kirsten's wedding. I didn't get to take a whole lot, because I was busy trying to be "Maid of Honor." But I got a couple to put in the 'Krista Photography Portfolio'. The little baby in the picture is little Alice, Kirsten's sweet little niece. Never have I seen a family dote and love on a little baby so MUCH! That little girl is one lucky granddaughter, niece, and daughter. Very loved and spoiled!! Enjoy!

9 comments:

Nathan and Whitney said...

Good luck Shad!! We are in the same boat right now, it's crazy. I hope the internship works out. It's crazy trying to find something, isn't it? I hope you get to enjoy some weekends home, but it looks like you are having a lot of fun up there!

Joel & Megan said...

I love the pictures Krista!!! It was so good to see you. I hope your plane ride home went smoothly! Say Hello to your parents for me!!!

aubrie said...

whoo i'm tired just thinking of traveling that much :) fun pics!

the S family said...

You are such a gorgeous Maid of Honor (and Kirsten looked gorgeous too) How fun having the fam up! I couldn't believe they just drove up, how fun! I have been keeping Shad in my prayers for finals. Are you excited to start school? Oh, and Shad would definitely be half guilty for the worms (Kendal is the other half, surprise!) They thought they were so funny. I had just washed my hair too, like it was literally still wet. I was not amused, but I was kind of a winey kid, I think I cried. Oh, my brothers. Steven said something funny once. He said that the McOmber girl's husbands owe Shad and Kendal a big thank you because we all had to put up with their teasing and pranks, so our husbands can get away with a lot more because of that. And this is so true, so thanks Shad!!! We can't wait to see you guys again! Love you! (sorry for the novel!)

Anonymous said...

How fun girl. The pics look great. You always take winners. Maybe one weekend after you take a few to rest you should come to NY! Just a suggestion haha... anyways good luck to Shad you guys are always in my prayers.

Elise said...

great pictures from the wedding! I hope you don't mind if I borrow them. Sounds like life is keeping you all busy!!! :)

Debbie Cannon said...

Krista,
It was so much fun having you at our home. Thanks for coming. I know you were a big sanity saver for Kirsten in the last few days up to her big day, and you were a huge help around here. The photo's you took are so beautiful. I love the one of Kirsten holding Alice on the grounds of the Temple. It is so beautiful. The photos of you and Kirsten are beautiful also. You two girls make lovely subjects to look at. Thanks for a great time. Thank Shad for all of us, for letting you be away from home for so long. Come back soon. And a Big Hello to your parents from us!

Danielle said...

You are such a good photographer Krista. Im jealous. i'll be honest. :]
Seeing the pictures of mom and dad up there makes me wish i had gone, sorry I didn't go with them, but I will definately come up this summer, we will have to work out when. I miss you both. I hope life is going good for the 2 of you. :] hope to see you soon.

Rosalie said...

Oh, now Danielle sees what fun she missed! Well we did have fun and it was a nice weekend away! We miss you!

The pictures are fun ones and I think you do a marvelous job!! You look awesome with your friend!

I hope Shad enjoys his internship and we are excited that it goes into the school year too!