Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Weekend Togetherness!

Shad and I had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend together. I had to work Saturday morning for a few hours, so we were SERIOUSLY debating whether or not we wanted to drive to Seattle and see the fam on Saturday afternoon. However, finally around 6:30PM after HOURS of debating and constant enticing promises of places to go and see from my parents, we decided not to go and stay home. I have my BIG entrance exams this Saturday (May 30th) and have been studying like crazy for those. (If i don't pass these= No school! Yikes!)  So that was a big reason why we decided to stay home. However, we were still able to venture out a little bit and do some fun things together. Shad and I always LOVE to drive to Seattle and spend time with family and friends... but this weekend was all about us. It was wonderful to just be together, and he was so great and helped me study for hours on Sunday for my tests. We had a great time: 
 On Saturday we went to Manito Park here in downtown Spokane, and packed an AMAZING picnic! It had these beautiful Japanese, Rose, and Lilac Gardens. 

Pretty Japanese Gardens: 

Playing with my camera shutter! Love it!


And then on Monday we to Dishman Hills and hiked around for awhile, its this fun little hiking/park area right in the middle of Spokane Valley!! Just ten minutes from our house. At some parts you could see the water towers just across the street from us! Hehe! Unfortunately,  I totally sprained my ankle so we had to cut it a little short... yup, I'm still limping from that one. Ouch! 




Here I am trying to sport a smile, but I'm really hurting: 

Pretty "Pond" view: 
Then after hiking we saw a matinee of Angels and Demons... SO GOOD! And then we topped it off with a surprise dinner at our friends house. What a great weekend! Shad, Friends, Food, and Sunny outdoors! 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This weekend sounds perfect darlin'!! I'm happy you got to study and relax. Did you go WAY ahead of Shad and leave him in the dust on the hike like you used to do with our families? HAHA Oh the hikes we went on... "where is Krista?" "Hmmm probably 30 feet ahead of us hiking away!"

Kirsten said...

ouch sprained ankle!!!! i hate those. yeah i LOVED angels and deamons!!! such a good book!!!! glad y'all had some fun together :) and good luck on your test!!! you and i both know you'll do fine...stop worrying silly

Nathan and Whitney said...

That sounds like so much fun! Sorry to hear about your ankle though. It's alwasy awesome to visit family, but sometimes a weekend alone is priceless! I am glad you got to have a fun time just the 2 of you:)

Doug and Marilyn said...

Nice pictures! Spokane does have some cool stuff and we're glad you could enjoy some of it. And thanks for coming to eat with us :) Hope your ankle is doing better.

PS. We need to learn how to pack a picnic like you guys...it looks awesome!