Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sicky McOmber

So I just got back last night from a very short trip to Michigan (which I have yet to blog about). But it seemed like everyone over there was fighting some sort of germ. So on Monday night and yesterday I felt this sore throat coming on. Little did I know that it would turn into this awful scratching pain in my throat. Boo. So this morning I wake up, with a cough, fever, and I absolutely CANNOT talk. My voice is completely gone!!! Ahh! So evidently I have Laryngitis. I HATE calling in sick to work, but unfortunately I work in an area where there is a lot of customer interaction/service, and I knew I would not last all day. I tried calling my bosses, and no one answers. Then I decide to go to work, I get there and within 5 minutes of being there I get sent home. Ew. I went to the pharmacy and asked what I can do to get my voice back, but apparently there is nothing except salt water and tea for me. Yuck. I'm so bored, I hate just being on the couch all day.  Man, this winter time of year just gets everyone down and out! Boo to cold and flu season.

4 comments:

Cassie Rowse said...

You should put lemon juice in the salt water you are gargling and put honey in it too. This may sound gross but you should swallow it after you gargle it. Brent had a weird throat thing while we were in Cali, and this concoction made it disapper within hours.

Kirsten said...

oh honey i'm sorry!!! and no...my phone it not fixed yet :( but hopefully it will get fixed this week :D i'll call you sometime so you will not be bored...although if you can't talk, maybe you don't want me to call you. hope you feel better!!!

Rachel said...

Oh, man. Being sick is awful. I hope you feel better soon. The only time being sick is fun, is when you fake sick and take the day off of work. Then being "sick" isn't so bad. :)

Brad and Kjirstin said...

I know what you mean about being sick, Brad had something for like 3 months here, it finally got better with some perscribed nose spray and a humidifier. But You need to check out Chelsea's blog, first they had their baby but also her parents just got called as mission presidents to your mission.