Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Random trip to Auburn!






So Shad and I being the crazy kids we are had a three day weekend together this past weekend, and thought of things to do. Finally on Friday morning/afternoon, we decided "Why not drive to Seattle (hometown: Auburn)!? And visit the Fam!" It's my dad's birthday this week and Martin Luther King Day, it all seemed like good excuses to go! So we rearranged our weekend schedules, and packed up the volvo and left on our way. We didn't tell anyone we were coming, and we got there about 11 PM on Friday night... I called my dad and told him to look out the window and there we were! It was a fun surprise, I don't think my dad really believed me at first, and was a little shocked to be surprised at 11 at night. But it ended up being a fun/lazy trip. We just hang out with my parents and went shopping. Nothing too exciting. My dad bought himself an birthday gift, a big flat screen LCD TV, with blue ray player! So we undoubtedly played with that ALL weekend. We watched all kinds of movies, and tried to figure out all its ins and outs. That thing is slick! I must say that we are definitely jealous, and now our TV seems so boring! We also went to stake conference at my home stake so I got to see lots of people that I haven't seen for a few years now, or at least since our wedding! Then my mom taught me how to make my FAVORITE food in the whole wide world: Vegetarian Lasagna, and OH man, it is AMAZING. AMAZING! This awesome dish I have been talking about since before Shad and I were married, and Shad finally got to indulge in its greatness. He said it definitely lived up to its hype... so delicious. Finally we ended the week on Monday by going out to dinner and dessert with Shad's sister and Brother-in-law, Heidi and Steven. It was so fun to go out with them. We're glad they made the time to see us!! We so enjoyed our little weekend away! Thankfully the weather was great, and the opportunity presented itself! Anything for a nice mini-vacation... right!?

5 comments:

Kirsten said...

fun times!!!!! sounds like we all had fun weekends :)

Heather and Parley said...

That's so fun! I'm glad that you were able to spend time with your family and that it wasn't a blizzard for you! They moved Linda out of our office a couple days ago and I'm so sad! I miss her!

Mallory said...

I am totally a loser friend Krista. Our trek to Spokane was a little crazy because of all the snow/plane cancellations/waiting in the airport for much much longer than our child could handle. I'm so sad we didn't get to see you. Next time we come up we'll for sure make plans to get together. P.S. I can still remember the taste of your mom's vegetarian lasagna....sooooo yummy!

the S family said...

That's awesome to get away! Glad you got to do it!

Anonymous said...

I MISS Vegetarian lasagna! :) OH how I love it. And cute pics. I miss you guys.