Monday, June 21, 2010

A Tribute...

... To Fathers!

In light of Father's Day yesterday, I just wanted to take a moment to recognize all the amazing men/father figures in my life. Just be warned, this is a little mushy!!

Lucky for us, my father-in-law, Nik, was able to come and visit us about two weeks ago and meet Owen! It was fun having him around, and he's an excellent example to Shad, Owen and I.

Three generations... Owen is named after his dad (Shad's middle name is Owen), who is named after his grandfather, Nik's father was Owen. It's a pretty special name. :)

Next, my dad. He is so wonderful. He loves Owen so much, and Owen is extremely lucky to have a grandpa like him! He always spoils us all, and is endlessly willing to help us out. We're all so grateful to have him around so much.


And finally, Shad, my amazing husband. Owen and I are so, so, SO lucky to have him. He is such a good dad to Owen: very attentive, willing to help, loving, and patient. I am constantly in awe at how amazing he is... he works so hard at school and work, makes sure to take time for us, all while maintaining excellent grades and extra curricular activities at school!


Thanks to you all for being so wonderful. Shad, Owen, and I are truly blessed to have you all a part of our lives! Happy Father's Day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your Dad!!! Owen is growing I wish I lived closer. Love the pics

Brad and Kjirstin said...

Shad does look like an awesome dad. I promise this next year we are going to come see for ourselves.