Tuesday, August 12, 2008

So-tah with Jarom & Heidi




This past weekend (our second to last in Utah), Krista and I went to St. George to visit a mission companion of mine, Jarom, and his wife Heidi. We decided to visit Zion National Park while we were down there, which was unbelievably fun. They were incredible hosts, and it was so fun to reminisce about old times in the mission. As always, I wish we had more time to spend with them, but livin' life happens. 




We did not have the time, nor the energy to take on any of the really challenging hikes at Zion like Angel's Landing, but we were able to see a lot of really cool locations there. We first hiked to a place called "Weeping Rock" where you stand under a cliff face and see droplets of water falling from the rock as if the mountain were crying. 


After "Weeping Rock" we took on a longer and slightly more arduous hike to the lower, middle, and upper "Emerald Pools." It was a very scenic hike, with beautiful destinations at the end.

3 comments:

Jarom and Heidi Taylor said...

Yeah for Zion's. Jarom and I loved having you guys stay with us. You and Krista are seriously so much fun. Good luck with Law School and keep in touch!!!! Thanks again for coming and visiting us.

Anonymous said...

These pictures are way cool. I've been dying to take Rocio and my kids to Zion's. It's been so long since I've been there; I'll need to ask you what all the cool places there are (besides Weeping Rock and Emerald Pools).

Anonymous said...

You guys are my adventure friends haha... you guys are too cute. I'm glad you had fun doing national-park mania!