Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Disneyland Blues, but San Fran here we COME!

So, if you know me but at all, you know that I LOVE Disneyland. I'm talking it's my favorite place in the whole wide world. I dream about it at least once a week, and plan our trips months and months in advance. I LOVE IT. We went there for our honeymoon (awesome!) and we went there last summer with our dear friends, Brad and Kjirstin. We had such a wonderful time with them, that as soon as we left last summer we VOWED to go again this summer together. Even though law and medical school would soon separate us. Then I found out that you can get in FREE on your birthday this year!!! And welp, my birthday happens to be August 2nd! Another awesome thing to LOVE about Disneyland. Well, I wasn't about to pass that deal up. So all year long I was dreaming about Disneyland, planning another awesome trip with the B and K... But what do you know? Come early June, and one positive Pregnancy test later, my Disneyland dreams came to an end! Not that I would would trade being Pregnant for anything, I'm just saying, I was a little bummed to find out that you cannot ride ANY of the AWESOME rides while expecting. (Including my FAVORITE Indiana Jones! You can't even ride Soarin' Over California... What's up with that?!?!) So... after going back and forth on the idea that we can just go anyways, and I will stay behind on all the rides. We finally decide that another California destination is for us!!! Brad and Kjirstin being the wonderful friends they are suggested we go to San Francisco instead!! So come tomorrow Shad and I are off to the city by the bay!! And will meet them there!! I'm so excited I can hardly STAND it!!! Shad and I have never been, so we are going to be the ultimate tourists. :) So even though Disneyland is the BEST place on earth, and I can honestly say I'm a little bummed about not going... I am so much more happier to be pregnant, and SO happy to have good friends who will still vacation with us anywhere!! San Francisco here we come!!

Here's to More good Memories...



8 comments:

Rachel said...

Wahoo! Have fun on your vacation!

Tara said...

Here's the good news: Disneyland is even MORE fun when watching your kids soak in the magic. Just think what you have to look forward to!

San Fran is fun, too. Hope you have a great time.

Kirsten said...

Hey--how come WE never go on awesome vacations together????!! We live even closer to San Fran!! have fun!!!

Brad and Kjirstin said...

Love the memories, but even more excited to make more!!! See ya tonight!

Anonymous said...

I have always wanted to go to San Fran. There and DC are my two USA places i need to go still. I want a full report. It will be SO fun!

Jesica Anne said...

So jealous I can't wait to go to Disneyland. But my trip won't happen until my little boy is big enough to enjoy it. PS if you guys are finding out what you are having and it's a boy or even after you find out let me know, I have tons of cute clothes that I can send you.

Mallory said...

I'm totally late with the congratulations, but Congratulations Krista and Shad! That is sure exciting news! Have fun in San Fran, its not Disneyland, but it is a good substitute.

Kwint and Gina Kemp Family said...

Well fancy that! My adopted little sister is having a baby!! Sweet! We are taking our kids to Disneyland in October- just think, in a few short years you can take yours! Congrats!!