Thursday, May 6, 2010

3 Months Old!



My Dear Sweet Baby Boy:

You are three months old today! This seems like such a big milestone, as though you have surpassed the "newborn" stage and are now a real baby! Each new milestone and new development is so exciting and welcomed. Although it is sad to see you grow so fast right before my eyes. What a special little boy you are. You have so many people that love you so much. You are constantly spoiled rotten by your grandparents, who were awaiting your arrival just as anxiously as your mom and dad! We are always getting numerous compliments on how you are the most handsome/cutest/prettiest baby boy around. (And I have to agree, you are dang CUTE!) So I am surely convinced that it is not just my biased opinion, you are definitely the most handsome baby!

Your dad loves you so much. You two are at the beginning of what will become a very special father/son relationship. Every night he takes time out of his crazy schedule to spend some time with you, and every night he volunteers to feed you and put you to bed. (While mom catches some extra Z's!) He adores you, and loves to play and laugh with you.
Here are some things you like:
- Nap time with mom
- Your Bouncer Chair
- To laugh and smile at people (Such a little charmer/flirt!)
- Sleeping in the bed with mom and dad
- Eating
- Books
- Snuggling
- Being held on your tummy (like superman!)
- Car rides
- Singing Songs
- Talking
- Lots of attention!
- Sleeping on your side

Some things you dislike:
- Your swing (unless you are VERY sleepy or asleep)
- Not a big fan of bath time
- Sleeping on your own, in your OWN bed (even for naps!)
- Being swaddled
- Getting dressed
- Tummy Time
You are learning so fast! You recently learned how to grab at toys, cloths, hair, etc. The other day you grabbed onto a toy and brought it your mouth, we were so proud! You are learning to sleep on your own, even if you don't like it. Occasionally you will put yourself to sleep without being held or rocked. Bedtime and bedtime routines are still new and being established, but we're getting there. And you are learning to go at night without eating, some nights you will have a good 8 hour stretch of sleep! (Whoo hoo!)
What a supreme joy you are in our lives, and each day I am more and more grateful to my Father in Heaven for allowing me to be your mother. We are proud parents, and love you so much. We are anxious and excited to see what the future holds for us...

Love,
Mom



9 comments:

Geoffrey Palmer said...

This is so sweet - I love your letter. The pictures you have of Owen are darling! Especially his blue blue eyes are just amazing! I know it seems cliche to say, but I can't believe how quickly time flies!

Kirsten said...

he is cute!! I love how shocked he looks in the first picture ha ha i can't believe it's been 3 months already!! crazy how time flies

Rachel said...

What a cute mom you are--I always love the letters to the babies.
And yes, he is very studly!

Joel & Megan said...

What a handsome man!!! Alice didn't like sleeping in her bed either at all for a few months. But I miss all the cuddling times we had. He is getting so big! They grow FAST!!! It's so hard to keep up.

Nathan and Whitney said...

Wow, I can't believe he is 3 months! He is adorable, I think h looks just like Shad, is that just me? I love your letter, he really is a stud!!

Annette Larsen said...

This is the kind of post that I am always sooo thankful I did later on. It's hard to remember the little details about babyhood, so writing them down is crucial. Sounds like you got yourself a fantastic little baby. Yay for Owen!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh he looks so much older! How cute is he with his huge pretty eyes??

This is exciting and I miss you guys

xoxo

Debbie Cannon said...

Truly beautiful photos, and sentiments! He has gotten so big, and is so handsome. You are a lovely family. We are so happy that Owen is a part of your life. Looking forward to meeting him. Hope you will come for a visit together to see Kirsten and us!

Rosalie said...

This time of life is so fun! He is so adorable! I wish I could see him more often. What a little Gentleman!!! Grandma Rosalie loves you!