Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Owen's Mickey PAR-TAY

Overall, Owen's first birthday party was a raving success!! I decided to do a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme because Owen LOVES Mickey, and let's face it, so do I! Mainly Owen loves the Hot Dog Song, he could skip all other parts of the show, whenever the song comes on he immediately starts clapping and dancing! Its adorable.

We had many friends come to celebrate. Most were our regular law school bunch, and some from our ward. Also, my parents traveled over from the west side to be here and help out. Owen loved it! We had lots of yummy food, complete with "hot diggity dogs" and BBQ chicken sandwiches. Overall, good times. I still cannot believe my baby is ONE! Oh man.

Here are the festivities:

My first attempt at Cake Pops... not the prettiest, but everyone seemed to really enjoy them!

The Birthday Spread:

I'm not going to lie, I was pretty proud of my Mickey Mouse Clubhouse cake!


Owen enjoyed the time with his buddies, this is him and Nina:

And especially time with his grandma!

He opened presents:


And he shared presents!


We sang Happy Birthday, he had no idea what was going on here!

And finally, we ate some cake!



Also, for your viewing pleasure, here is a video we made of Owen devouring/destorying his first piece of cake! I think he took about 3 or 4 bites, hence the smeared face. But the rest of it landed on the floor, table, people, etc! He threw about 75% all around, getting it everywhere!!! So funny.



And finally, we went in for Owen's 1 year check up today, so here are Owen's 1 Year Stats:

Weight: 18 pounds 14 ounces-- 4th (ish) percentile
Height: 28.5 inches-- 4th percentile
Head: 45 cm-- Again, 4th percentile

So he's our small little peanut. But he's proportional, and following his own growth curve. Sadly, we have to hold off on the front facing car seat for a while... dang. But even though he's small, he's perfectly healthy and happy!! We love our little Owenator!

8 comments:

Shauna said...

The cake pops look GREAT! Seriously, I am proud! And the cake looks awesome too!

J'Nette said...

That cake looks fabulous! I'm sorry, i read your blog and need to comment more :). That boy of yours is so cute, i completely remember when you announced you were pregnant, I cant believe it has been a year and a pregnancy since then! Congrats momma!

Chelsea said...

I am SO impressed with your cake decorating/cake pop making skills!! And CONGRATULATIONS to Owen, of course and you guys for an awesome first year!!

Joel & Megan said...

What a WAY CUTE Party! I'm completely impressed by the cake and all the cute decorations you did. The cake pops look WAY cute!!! You're inspiring me to be more creative for Alice's birthday this year :P. Love it all. And Owen looks very happy with himself after devouring his cake. Cute cute!

Rachel said...

Wow! That cake is awesome! Way to go! What a fun party! Happy Birthday, Owen!

Also, you are looking so good!

Anonymous said...

Haha I love that video. I wish I could have been there. That cake you made came out fantastic! I'm very proud. I love Owen.

Rosalie said...

What an awesome video and party! I love the cake and cake pops! You do very well at that sort of thing so no more hearing that you are not creative!!! It was great to talk to you both on Owen's birthday! Love You all! :}

the S family said...

I LOVE his birthday pics and video. I need to be careful reading your blog because it reminds me how behind I am on ours, and how much more I did for Bella since she was my first. I SO wish we had been there for his party. He is adorable and this post makes me want to cry because I haven't even met him yet...