Monday, October 10, 2011

A Pumpkin Patch and BIG events!



I've said it once and I'll say it again: I LOVE FALL! It's that time of year again, and I love it all! What's not to love about fall?? The trees, the leaves, the colors, the smells, the cool/crisp air, the rain, the FOOTBALL, the pumpkins treats, the soup. It's great.

This last weekend, Shad, Owen, and I did our annual trip to the pumpkin patch and enjoyed some nice fall festivities. We decided to go last minute, and it was so much fun! The weather was PERFECT. We've had a pretty wet/gloomy/soggy couple of weeks (to be expected this time of year in Seattle), but Saturday was 65 and sunny! Owen had a blast! And it was pretty cheap entertainment for us all! Here is what we did (All for under $20, pumpkins and all!):

We picked our "Punkos" as Owen would say.

He was determined to pick them all up! No matter how heavy!

He even attempted to lift this monster... with no luck.

So he sat on it instead! Very proudly!


We took Owen on his first Hayride!

He LOVES tractors, its actually an obsession really. So he was throughly entertained.

Owen had to get a closer look of the tractor after the ride. He was sad to have to say goodbye.

Back to the pumpkin patch, to keep his mind off the tractor!

He eventually moved on to collecting tiny pumpkins to "take home, peeeeease."

We ended up with two pumpkins: one smaller sugar pumpkin (Seen in the first photos)... and one big family one!
And of course... we sampled the roasted corn. So delicious. Owen kept asking for "Big Bite, Corn!" Shad was generous enough to share with Owen... I gobbled mine down!


I was looking at our pumpkin patch pictures from last year (Seen here), and I cannot believe how much Owen has grown! He couldn't even really stand on his own yet and he would cry every time we put him down! He is such a little boy now!

In other McOmber news, we have a BIG week coming up! First: I got a job!! I start orientation tomorrow, and then will probably start next week. Since it takes so long to get Bar results in and Shad is having such a hard time finding work, I decided to hit the job search as well. Not really believing that I would actually land something (being 5 months pregnant and all). But seasonal retail jobs are out there, and they are looking! The first job I applied for, I got! I will be working at Old Navy at the local mall here, as a part time employee. They know all about my situation with being a mom, being pregnant, not working Sundays, and not wanting too many hours. And they seem pretty flexible about hours and scheduling. The down side is having to leave Owen at all during the week, and having to work Holidays will probably be a drag. BUT I feel very blessed to have found something so quickly and which potentially looks like will be a good fit for our family situation. And we'll see how Shad does as a stay at home daddy! Hehe. :)


Second: It's Shad's Birthday on Sunday! He will be 29! (Only ONE year left in the 20s!) And his birthday present this year is a road trip down to Oregon to see the BYU vs. Oregon State game!! Needless to say we are STOKED to go down and see our beloved Cougs. We haven't been to a game in 3 YEARS!!! WAHOO! And since his actual birthday is on Sunday we will be back in time to celebrate with family and friends with Shad's favorite dessert: pumpkin pie! But I will surely post more on this later.

And third: Along with Sunday being Shad's birthday it is also the day that we will receive bar exam results. For better... or worse. But I'm pretty confident that Shad passed. Right...???

So hopefully all these new events will prompt a blog post soon in the near future. I have been so bad lately. We will definitely be posting about the BYU game for sure!

4 comments:

Ben and Carrie said...

Congrats on the job- you'll do great and hopefully it will be for just a short, short time.

The pics of Owen at the pumpkin patch are adorable- he is such a cute little guy. My girls are very into pumpkins right now, too.

Have a great time at the BYU game- what a great bday gift. (It will be an even better bday when he hears that he's passed the bar!!)

Jake and Trisha Goodman said...

Congrats again on the job! It is so hard to leave when you are so used to being home! I just keep saying it is temporary! (but it is still sad) Your pictures are so cute!

Rosalie said...

The pumpkin patch pictures are so so adorable! I sure wish I lived closer and could come share things like this with you all!
I am jealous that you get to go to the BYU Game... but sooooo excited for you that you get to! Have a great time. It would be an even greater birthday present if the Cougars win and Shad finds out he passed the Bar in the same weekend.... then got work shortly thereafter! Praying for you! I love you all!

Brad and Kjirstin said...

Wow lots of things going on now. I wish so much that we could road trip to a BYU game that is going to be so much fun! We will look for you in the stands. Good luck on the bar results, did you tell them it is Shad's birthday so it has to be good news?