Thursday, May 15, 2014

Easter Weekend in Utah

Shad and I bought plane tickets about a month and half in advance so that he could go to Utah and bless his youngest sister's baby. Sweet Baby Camry. Shad was very happy to do it, and I was happy for a chance to tag along on a quick, very quick, getaway to Utah. We wanted to show off our little Kaisa, and we were excited for Shad's mom to finally meet her. What we didn't realize when we bought the tickets was that it was for Easter Sunday! Whoops! So we celebrated all the Easter festivities with the kids a week early, and they never knew the difference! ;) However, I am still gathering pictures from all that Easter fun. So that blog entry will have to wait... thus this is a bit out of order. 

Like I said previously, April was a crazy month! It flew by! And over Easter weekend, we fit in a quickie fast trip to Utah. 

We always love going down to good ol' Utah Valley and reminiscing about BYU, how we met, and going over Shad's old stomping grounds. We stayed with his mom, and got to spend some fun time with her. We flew in Friday afternoon. We stopped at a couple local places to eat and shop and then headed over to see Grandma Rosalie. 

We chatted and introduced our Kaisa-Girl. Who was a champ! She loved getting attention and was great with all the new people she met. She was very curious about her cousin Camry, and loved meeting her cousins, aunts, and uncles. Everyone that lives in Utah came over to Grandma's apartment Friday night and it was quite the family gathering! We had good food, and lots of fun talking and seeing family we rarely get to see. 

Hanging out at Grandma Rosalie's, with Cousin Kohen


I know, this is blurry, its from Danielle. I was SO bad at taking pictures on this trip. SO BAD. But Kaisa LOVED her Uncle Trevor. 


I'm not going to lie, Baby Camry loved me! :) I could make that girl smile and laugh so big! Warmed my heart. 



Saturday morning, we knew immediately what was on the list: Kneaders Breakfast. All you can eat French Toast. Its amazing. And I am not even a huge French Toast fan. Delish. Our friend from Spokane met us for Breakfast and we had fun catching up with her and talking and later shopping. Can you believe this young lady was one of my Laurels in Spokane!? So grown up. 


Afterwards we headed over to BYU with Grandma to shop at the bookstore. Our favorite place. We bought ourselves some presents and of course, presents for the kids! Man, I love that place! We could easily spend WAY too much money there! 

They had a kids room with these very large stuffed horses. Kaisa was in heaven! She loved them and playing with Grandma. 


After a fun afternoon of more shopping (One word: Outlets!) and LOTS more eating at our favorite places! (We only had a day to fit it all in!) Kaisa stayed behind with Grandma Rosalie, see what I mean CHAMP! She even let us go out! Grandma was so great to watch our dear girl and put her to bed, while Shad and I headed over to meet some of Shad's old, old friends. From Elementary/middle/high school! We laughed and had so much fun hanging out with this bunch. Shad really enjoyed catching up, being the only one not living in Utah. Great night together. 

Oh these boys! There's one missing, he left the party a bit early! There are few things greater than catching up with old friends. 


Sunday was the big day! Early 9AM church made for a groggy morning, but we made it in plenty of time! Shad gave Camry a very sweet and wonderful blessing. We feel blessed that Danielle asked him to give it. Yay for great big brothers! And we just fell in love with that little peanut, Camry was such a sweet, happy baby.  

Camry with her Uncle Shad. 


Shad, Camry, and Shad's Dad: Grandpa Niki. 


Danielle with her sweet little Family: David & Camry. 


David, Camry, Shad, Grandpa Niki, and Uncle Trevor. 


Aunt Tealan (Trevor's Wife) also loved meeting our girl. 


She was just too cute in her Sunday best. And she loves to explore outside. 



Me with my sweet baby girl. 


Afterwards there was a quick luncheon with both families. David, Camry's dad, has a huge family! Reminds me so much of my Mom's family back in Michigan! Made me miss them! ;) 

Then, sadly, Sunday afternoon after lunch we had to head back to the airport and back home.

We had a quick little photo shoot outside with the cousins before we left. Cute baby girls! They will be buds. 



Love that little scrunched up nose! 


Saying goodbye to this sweetie was rough. I miss her! Plus she loved me, she wants Auntie Krista time! 


Seriously, too quick! Kaisa, once again, proved to be a champ and a great little traveler. Love that girl! The boys were spoiled rotten by grandparents all weekend and Owen wasn't ready to come back home! But I was happy to come back to my sweet boys. They are a crazy bunch, but boy do I miss them when I'm away! 

Until next time Utah!





No comments: