Monday, January 10, 2011

Some Thoughts on the New Year...

With the New Year in FULL force now, it always seems like such a great time to reflect on all the good things in life, and a time to look forward to the future! With the past few weeks and the Holiday season I have been thinking a lot about gratitude lately, and I really have been pondering the wonderful things in my life. Everyday its seems I have something new to be grateful for! From the country I live in to my wonderful family to the food on my plate. Shad and I are so blessed! I have such a beautiful life! My perfect, healthy baby boy who is the joy of my life, and a hard-working supportive husband who loves me. Phew, the list can go on and on! On Sunday when I teach my girls (the Laurels ages 16-18) I often talk about gratitude and the importance of looking at the good. Its just so easy to get caught up in the selfish attitude, and only concentrate on what's going wrong from day to day. Shad and I have our daily struggles, all the time... but then when I really step back and take a look at all I have been given, it makes me feel small, humbled by everything around me. How did I get so lucky?

It's been fun to think about our future. Shad and I have been reflecting a little bit on our time here Spokane. The lifetime friendships we've made, the terrible winters we've suffered through, and the way our family has become stronger. In some ways it has FLOWN by, and I'm sure we will look back and remember the "law school years" as some of the best. I mean, last year brought us Owen and turned my life upside down! I still cannot talk about his fast approaching 1st birthday! (Please make time stop!) It's amazing to think of what this new year will bring us: Shad graduates LAW SCHOOL, oh man, we have sure been waiting for this! I am so PROUD of him and everything he has accomplished. He has truly proven to me that if you put your mind, soul, and effort into something you can truly CONQUER it. And who knows where we will be this time next year! What an exciting time in the McOmber home! (Lets just pray that Shad can find a job!...and pass the BAR exam!) 2011....bring it on.

1 comment:

Rosalie said...

It is wonderful to hear you so grateful! Life is hard, but looking at the good is the best thing we can do! I will share a quote with you:
"When we choose not to focus on what is missing from our lives but are grateful for the abundance that's present....we experience heaven on earth." Sarah Breathnach