Saturday, December 27, 2008

Snow update... this is CRAZY!

It is STILL snowing here in little old Spokane washington! We have received a record total of 46.2 inches as of Tuesday, (yup, that would be four feet!) and that's just in the last week and a half!! Then Wednesday we got another storm good for another 8-10 inches, and you guessed it, it is still snowing outside today. We have officially made national news, the mayor has declared a "state of emergency" and every morning we wake up to people shoveling out their cars. The plows cannot get around fast enough, and once they do, you've already dug out your car, and thus have to do it again! There is literally NOTHING we can do about this. Shad and I cannot get up the hill to our apartment complex to park, because it is too steep and slick for our car to make it! So we've been forced to park on the street, where we are plowed or snowed in half the time. We've had to find rides to work and church. This really is awful. 
However, I do take solace in the fact that the whole country is receiving snow. My parents house in Seattle has almost a foot of snow!!! The first true white Christmas I can EVER remember in Seattle. CRAZY! Las Vegas received snow, and so did california. This is madness. And I really am beginning to truly LOATHE the  snow. 

This is my car, BEFORE the snow plows came, and only about 2.5 feet into it. There is about 4.5 feet of snow now. So you can imagine...

Yes, that UPS truck in the background is stuck! We offered him help, but he was beyond help at that point! 







4 comments:

Kirsten said...

I am NOT jealous!! ANd yes, it is STILL snowing here!!!! yuck.

Rachel said...

Yeah, I'm not jealous either. Unless it means you get to hang out at home and be nice and cozy. But it sounds like you're still going to work....so that's lame, lame, lame.

Brian said...

Yeah...I don't know if I want to go back. I wonder if school is going to be canceled at all...that would be awesome!

Chelsea said...

At least it looks gorgeous!