Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving...Yum!

Shad and I had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving this year!! I was originally supposed to work the Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving, however, my wonderful co-worker volunteered to cover my shifts, so we got to spent 5 blissful days at home! Hooray! This was Shad's first Thanksgiving with my family, so that also made it a little extra special, and my first Thanksgiving at home for 3 years. So we drove down on Wednesday morning, and spent Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday day visiting fam (Shad's sister Heidi lives there too, so we got to see her and her three girls, who we just love!) and just hanging out around home, just being together. And enjoying delicious goodness on Thursday (Yum!)!! Then on Saturday we went downtown and spent the day walking around and shopping. It was such a great day for walking around, I just love it there this time of year, with all the Christmas decor, and people everywhere. Then we stopped by the Seattle Temple on the way home, we just walked around the grounds, and enjoyed the view. Which was GREAT, because Shad and I haven't been back since we were married. We also helped put up my parents Christmas tree and decorations. Then, sadly, we drove back on Sunday night after attending my family ward. We are lucky that we live so close that we can drive, plus gas is getting cheaper!! It was an awesome mini vacation, and so nice to get away for a bit. Plus, we heard it snowed a bit here in Spokane, suckers! So here are some pics of our weekend, I posted a lot... so enjoy! Hehe!

Prepping delicious dinner, we all look so intense! I was making stuffing!

Shad and I getting ready to stuff our faces, Mmmm...

Our beautiful Thanksgiving Table!

Making Robert Redford, the most delicious dessert in the world, yup, you should be jealous.

One my favorite places in the world, downtown Seattle.

This is where we took some of our first pictures as husband and wife, almost two and a half years ago!

Pretty fall pic, they had just shined up the Moroni.

My wonderful parents! Happy Thanksgiving!

8 comments:

Brad and Kjirstin said...

Isn't it the best to go home for the holidays! I love that you gotta go back to the temple were you were married, Brad and I need to do the same. I will try to give you a ring this weekend, I got lots going on this week.

Kirsten said...

Love the pics, yes, you do all look intense cooking--ha ha! I miss your family SO much!!!!!! Tell them hi for me! oh and I miss you too and love you lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and....

Mallory said...

I wish I lived that close to Seattle. It really is gorgeous this time of year (and every other time of the year). Maybe one day I'll convince Kurt that we should live there. We fly into Spokane the 22nd around 4:30...let's get some plans going, maybe dinner?

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the Seattle pics!! I wish I could have been there. But the table looked great and the food looked very yummy :)

the S family said...

How fun! I am so glad you guys had a great Thanksgiving! I can't believe you got married almost two and a half years ago, wow! There is nothing like being at home for the holidays! love you guys!

Rachel said...

I like your new photo at the top of the blog. Go BYU! And I want to know more about this "Robert Redford" dessert.

the S family said...

You should call me. I am so sad you aren't coming. I was the only one who didn't get to go to Trevors wedding, and it was hard. I am sad that Shad is going to leave right after Christmas. We all totally understand though. We miss you guys too! But that is why we are going to come visit! love you guys

Rachel said...

Yes, email it to me! It sounds yummy. My email is mrs.terrazas at gmail